As you grow older, wrinkles start appearing on your face. Even though it has other uses, this article explores Botox® treatment in the dental field. Botox injections also treat neck spasms and help prevent severe migraines.
Botox injections utilize a compound known as onubotulinumtoxinA to prevent muscles from moving temporarily. The toxin is secreted by a microbe responsible for causing botulism.
Botox treatment blocks some chemical signals from the nerves, specifically those responsible for muscle contraction. It is primarily used to temporarily relax the facial muscles responsible for causing wrinkles on the face (neighboring the eyes and on the forehead). By getting rid of wrinkles, it reduces the aging process.
If you are interested in treatment, you should visit a dental practice that offers the Botox service. Westwood Dental Group offers Botox dental procedures to all clients at affordable rates.
Botox dental procedure is fast and straightforward. It is less invasive since the needles used are tiny, and it takes 10 – 15 minutes for the dentist to complete the whole process.
Before beginning the treatment, the dentist first examines the region in question. After careful analysis, the practitioner identifies an ideal area for the injection. Subject to your level of sensitivity, you might receive an anesthetic injection before the Botox injection. The dentist may also direct you to use an ice pack after the injection to minimize discomfort.
Important facts about Botox
- Since Botox is minimally invasive, it has no downtime. You proceed with your daily activities as usual afterwards.
- Contrary to popular belief, treatment is generally painless. The needles used are small in size.
- Botox does not irritate your skin; however, it may cause mild bruising and swelling afterward. Both bruising and swelling disappear after a few days.
- Botox takes between 72 hours and seven days to display significant results. It usually depends on the severity of your case coupled with some genetic factors.
- The treatment is not permanent and lasts between 3 to 6 months. The duration is subject to several factors, such as the treatment area, genetic composition, and dosage.
- Seeking treatment from professional dental practices such as Westwood Dental Group is essential. The treatment may go wrong and show an artificial appearance, particularly when it is administered inappropriately.
- The time to book treatment differs between new patients and patients who have already received the treatment previously. New patients should schedule an appointment several months before the event. The long period allows for consultation, treatment, and refinement if needed. Patients who have received the treatment need 3 to 4 weeks before any special event since 3 – 4 weeks are sufficient for healing.
- There is no age limitation. Although most people start seeking the procedure between ages 30 to 40, you can start it as soon as your 20s if your skin begins to lose volume early.
- Botulinum toxin is not harmful as you might think. Once injected into the target muscles, it remains there until it is metabolized and broken down in the body. It is a common treatment.
- You can pair Botox up with other treatments such as dermal fillers to yield better results. A combination of 2 treatments has a longer-lasting effect. The filler appears smoother, plump, and fluffier due to fewer muscle contractions.
- The treatment fits your busy schedule. Since the Botox appointment takes roughly 20 minutes, you do not have to alter your daily activities. Additionally, the treatment has no visual side effects, and you resume your activities immediately after the session.
Like many other treatment options, Botox is not without possible side effects. They may include:
- Bumpy skin on the point of injection
- Redness at the injection site
- Trivial bruising
- Ephemeral blurred vision
In addition, the treatment administered incorrectly has some adverse cosmetic side effects such as droopy eyelids, heavy-looking forehead, and facial immobility. However, you can avoid these negative side effects by visiting a professional dentist with significant experience administering Botox injections.
Botox treatment is an ideal anti-aging remedy. The treatment is straightforward and very fast if you consult with an expert. You can receive treatment without altering your daily schedule since it is quick and has a very fast recovery time.